Here are a few tips for optimizing customer service.
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF HUMAN RELATIONS
1. Speak to people – There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people! It takes 72 muscles to frown and 14 to smile.
3. Call people by their name. The sweetest music is the sound of one’s own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful!!!!
5. Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do is a GENUINE pleasure.
6. Be genuinely interested in people..you can like everybody if you try.
7. Be generous with praise and cautious with criticism.
8. Be thoughtful of the opinions of others:There are three sides to every story, your side, the other persons side and the RIGHT side.
9. Be considerate of the feelings of others. They will APPRECIATE it!
10. Be alert to give service. What counts in life is what we do for others!
Consider some other things....
- When people come to you, they need a service and need your assistance, it is your sole job to accommodate that need.
- Your co-workers are your customers as well; We need to respect all of the people we encounter.
- People mirror your mood – if you are miserable and negative, expect that in return – look at yourself first, always!
- The opposite is also true…people come to you in a negative/bad mood – your job is to change it.
- Be as kind and positive as you can. Go beyond the call of duty to help that person.
- Don’t take it personal and don’t fall into a defensive posture – you will lose!
You only get ONE CHANCE to make a good FIRST IMPRESSION
Service is NOT our opinion of ourselves – IT IS our “customers'” perception of us!
Positive communication EQUALS Quality Service....
Quality Service is ALWAYS important!!
JBM has a comprehensive webinar on this topic! Check it out and share it with staff as this training, if implemented appropriately will immediately yield a positive result for any business/organization.